Monday, January 23, 2012

Messy Mom Monday

So today I've decided to do something different.
I've decided that today is a good day to do a link up for the first time.
I'm linking up here for Messy Mom Monday!



I've got to be honest, I have probably read at least 7 different blogs who have linked up to do this.
I'm not sure why, but I needed to snoop around see other peoples blog posts about their messy places in their homes before I felt ok to do this post. I know I'm not the only one out there that can have a messy house at times, I just needed to see the proof.

So here goes nothin'!




This is our kitchen table.  As you can see there are a pair of my son's shoes, my wallet and checkbook, scissors, a book I'm reading, and various papers strewn about.  Perfect environment for eating ;)


Part of my kitchen counter tops. I was in the middle of making breakfast when I decided it was the perfect time to take pictures.  Can you spot what item doesn't belong in the kitchen? If you see the can of hairspray- you're right!  I think it's time I move it back to it's home in the bathroom...


 This is my 3 year old's room. It's actually not as bad as it has been. Usually it looks like a toy store threw up in here. And yes, that is a giant, stuffed alligator. My dog loves it my than my child.


This is where my clean laundry usually ends up.  On a chair. In our room. In a pile.  Oh, and see that lovely pile of boxes? Those used to be in our closet. I recently cleaned out and organized that space. I'll do a before and after post about that soon- so stay tuned :)

 

And this room. This is the messiest room in the whole house. This is our third bedroom. It's looked like this since we moved in back in July.  We moved from an apartment to a mobile manufactured home out on 5.5 acres.  Who knew a 2/2 apartment would have more storage space than a 3/2 home?  This is where we are storing a whole slew of things- everything from Christmas decor, hunting gear, my son's clothes that he's grown out of, baby furniture, etc...  Hopefully we'll be able to get some sort of storage out here where all this stuff can go live so we can start turning this into a nursery {here's hoping for baby #2 in the near future!}


And there ya have it, folks!  Just trying to keep it real
I hope we can still be friends :)

Happy Monday!! 


:: Edit- after publishing this, I immediately started cleaning up our messy spaces! I feel so much better now, lol :) ::



3 comments:

  1. Oh man! I wish that worked for me! I haven't cleaned a thing since showing my hot mess of a house!

    Thanks for linking up:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can usually stand a fairly messy house for a few days, then I start getting antsy and feel compelled to clean! After viewing my own pictures, I felt that antsy-ness creeping up and had to do something about it, lol.

      It was fun to link up! Thanks for letting me share my mess with you!

      Delete
  2. Hi Lindsay, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete