Friday, January 13, 2012

wal-mart & the bathroom

So my son and I went to Wal-Mart yesterday evening to get some groceries.  While we were shopping my 3 year old informs me that he needs to potty. We've only been in the store for maybe 15 minutes so I'm nowhere near to being finished with my shopping.  So I walk up to the front and ask a cashier if it would be OK for me to leave the cart where he was so we could go use the restroom.  Pointing to my son, he says, "As long as you take him with you."

"Really?  He doesn't really think I'm trying to ask him to watch my child so I could go to the bathroom? Has someone asked him to "babysit" for them while they pee?" These are the thoughts running through my head.  I'm so confused.

In the time of the .7 seconds it took these thoughts to run through my mind, I politely say "Oh no. I'm not going to leave him. I'm taking him with me."
 
It really baffled me that those words came out of his mouth.  I'm guessing maybe someone had asked him to watch their child for a few minutes while they stepped away... why else would he have said that?

Strange.

Just as a heads up:: Don't ever ask a Wal-Mart employee to babysit for you so you can go use the restroom- they'll say no.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment