Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Ride 'em Cowboy!

So my husband loves horses. He started working with horses when he was a teenager (13 or 14, I think?) and continued to work with them for a couple of years. He really got into training and breaking horses, and he's actually very good at it. A natural, most tell him. He took some time off to go to school and to do various other things (get married, start a family, etc (: ) but has recently gotten back into riding and breaking. And let me tell you.... he is in love.  Right now he is working with 6 different horses.  One of which is a wild (yes, WILD) Mustang. 


Here is another picture... This one is pretty cool:


Can you believe she let him stand on her?! Pretty awesome  :)

There they are. She's a pretty horse. She's almost 5 and from what Brandon (my hubby) has told me, she has never in her entire life been ridden. So he's been working with her for the past month or so. From what he's told me, she's made a lot of progress! He's actually been able to put a saddle on her.  He's also been able to get her to walk, trot and canter. The person he's working for is VERY impressed he's been able to get her this far. I'm impressed too :)  Can't wait to see her when he's done with her!

So now, here are a few more pictures I have to show him off! I'm a proud wife :)

Jumping a barrel....


Attempting roping...


Now this last one was taken just this last weekend.  Brandon took part in the EXCA (Extreme Cowboy Association).  It was a competition. He placed 3rd in the Pro division!



As for me, I know absolutely nothing about horses. I've ridden a few times but nothing serious. Just a trail ride here and there.  So, I'm glad he's so in to horses. Maybe he can teach me something. He's my cowboy in worn in boots and leather :)

*All pictures courtesy of Sundance Horse Ranch.

1 comment:

  1. I've always thought horses to be such beautiful animals! And I think that's pretty awesome your hubby is able to train them so easily. I'm sort of like that with dogs :)

    ReplyDelete