Friday, May 6, 2011

"Model" Student

So yesterday I got to be a "model" for my cousin.  My cousin is Taylor. Her blog is Little Bit of Everything.  She's good.  Although fairly new to the make-up scene, she knows her stuff.  She does a lot of vlogs about make-up and how to apply it.  She also will review products and tell you what she likes and doesn't like in certain make-up.  She's fun to watch so you should go check her out!  Anyway.....

She was interviewing for a position with MAC Cosmetics so I met her at the store in the Galleria. Now, I've never even stepped foot into this store. Not ever.  I'm the type who buys her make-up at Target, Wal-Mart, various Drug stores...  I have never in my life owned any kind of "nice" (read: expensive) make-up.  MAC is some good stuff!  I now know why it would cost me well over $100 to beautify my whole face.  Between brushes, foundation, powder, blush, eye shadow, etc. you could easily spend a small fortune in that store.  With that said, I must say, it was rather enjoyable to sit there and have someone else put all this wonderfully expensive make-up on for you.  What girl doesn't love a little bit of pampering, right? 

I should have taken a picture of how the make up turned out.  I liked it. She did an every day look and then transformed it into an evening look.  For the evening look I had a red lip. I never in my life have ever worn any shade of red on my lips and was kind of nervous to see what it would looked like when she was done.  Surprisingly, it didn't look half bad (maybe because she mixed a red with a pink and it turned out nicer than I thought it might).  All in all, I think she did a good job.  Maybe I'm biased because she is my cousin after all.  But I really do think she did a great job and hope she gets the job!

No comments:

Post a Comment