Tuesday, June 21, 2011

This and That

*Warning-- this is kind of boring and random- and fairly long -(but there's a lot of pics!) so I don't blame you if you don't read it :)


So.... over the weekend I did something I've wanted to do for a few years now, but never did until this last Saturday...

Yep! I got my nose pierced! I wanted to do it a few years ago but at the time I was getting ready to go to a private Christian college- and they didn't allow it. So, I ended up not getting it.

Moving on.....


The other day I walked into our living room to find this... 

 


I knew Sawyer was being too quiet..  ;)  My son thought it was a good idea to get inside his toy chest and do a little playing.  He stayed in there for a good while just keeping himself entertained!


Yesterday I found a box of this in my pantry and decided to make them...


See how on the box they look so pretty? You can actually tell there's supposed to be cookies AND brownies- together?  Well mine turned out not looking like that at all! HA! I read the instructions wrong for the cookie part of the batter. You see, for the brownie part you were to had half a stick of melted butter and to the cookie part you were to add a half a stick of softened butter.  I was thinking "OK, so I just added the melted butter to the brownie part, now I need to do the same for the cookie part." WRONG! Baking fail... but not really. Mine ended up looking like this...


At least they still tasted good!


Last pictures....

A few Saturdays ago our church did a Child Dedication class. Since I am now on staff at our church as one of our  Children's directors, myself and our other Children's Director did the class. It was a fun class. We didn't have very many people show up but it was still nice to get to visit with those who did come.  After we had finished talking about the paper part of the class, we moved on to doing a craft.  Our other CD had heard about this craft idea from another church in Phoenix. What we did was make a time capsule to give to our kids when they get older. We all loved the idea and everyone had fun decorating their time capsules!

This is the one I made for my son...



What it is is a paint can that we ordered on line.  We had plain white paper we cut to fit around the can and then had a whole bunch of decorating items.  We had stamps, stickers, markers, etc.  It was SO much fun to make!  On the inside, we printed off pictures of what our church looks like right now (the classrooms, sanctuary, teachers, etc) and gave everyone who showed up copies.  We also printed off pictures of ourselves to give everyone.  We also had all our teachers write letters to the kids who got dedicated and we wrote the kids letters as well. The point of the time capsule is to not give it to your child until they are older (teens/preteens). You are supposed to give it to them when they are going through a rough time in their lives and when they open it up they can see all the letters from family, friends, teachers they had at church all telling them how much they are loved, how much God loves them, and that we're always going to be here for you- no matter what!




 Here's a look at what's on the inside...




I really loved doing the class and the time capsule as well. can't wait to
give it to my son :)


Whew! You made it! Thanks for making it to the end  :)

2 comments:

  1. Love your nose piercing! So cute! I need some of those cookie brownie things stat. LOVE the time capsule - such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! Yeah, you should definitely try those cookie/brownie things! So good!

    ReplyDelete